Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2 Week Postpartum Update!

.

Recovery
I'm feeling good! My scar is healing well and I'm can feel my ab muscles starting to come back together. I still get stomach pains every now and then, but for the most part I feel normal. I can even get myself up from out of bed now without any pain (woohoo!).

Body 
I gained a little bit of weight this week (0.4kg / 0.8lbs) which is nothing considering how badly I've been eating.. I just can't seem to get enough croissants! haha. I have 3.5kg (7.7lbs) to lose until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight.. although I'd like to lose more like 8kg (17.6lbs) as I stacked on the weight before getting pregnant. 

.

My stretch marks look like they are slowly starting to fade. Right now I'm using a combination of Bio-Oil, Vitamin E Oil and Palmers Stretch Mark Cream.. along with drinking at least 2L of water a day. 

.

Height/Weight
We didn't get a height measurement at his doctor's appointment but he has gained weight! He now weighs 3.4kg (7.5lbs) - Yay! I'm so happy that he's now above his birth weight. He's been feeding like a champ lately, so I'm confident that the weight will start piling on. 

Routine
It hasn't changed much since last week.. he's been really good with the routine, only needing a few feeds on demand.  I've started pumping a little this week too which has been really good and has allowed me to get some sleep (6-7 hours).

7am
Wakeup, Feed (>35 mins), Change Nappy, Eye-time with James, Have Breakfast
8.30am
James Naps, Laundry, Have a Shower and Get Ready
10am
Feed (>25 mins), Change Nappy, Housework, Blog/Relax
11am
Feed (>15 mins), Express (70ml), Change Nappy, James Naps, Laundry, Have Lunch
2pm
Feed (>35 mins), Change Nappy, Play with James (including tummy time)
3.30pm
Go for a walk with James, Laundry
5pm
Feed James (>25 mins), Change Nappy, Bathtime and Massage for James
6pm
Feed James (>20 mins), Change Nappy, Read or Play music to James
7pm
James Naps, Have Dinner, Blog/Relax, Housework
8.30pm
Go to Bed
10.30pm
Rob Feeds James (up to 140ml), Change Nappy, James Sleeps
When James wakes (approx 3am)
Feed James (>35 mins), Express (70ml), Change Nappy, James Sleeps

.

Sleeping
Lately James has only really been waking up once a night to feed.. which is fantastic! He usually sleeps until 3am and then again until 6.30-7am. I think this is due to the big bottle feed we give him at 10.30pm. 

Eating/Feeding
This week we took James to the doctor's to get his tongue looked at (a nurse suggested he might have tongue tie - which basically means the frenulum is too short/tight causing restricted tongue movements which can lead to speech problems later on). It turns out he had tongue tie pretty badly and so we had to get his frenulum cut :( It only hurt him for a second (I think it was harder for me than it was for him!) and now he's able to stick out his tongue allowing him to feed better and for longer than before. I'm also pumping enough milk for 1 bottle feed at night.

.

Sizes
James has started to outgrow size 00000 (Tiny Baby) and is needing to wear more size 0000 (Newborn) clothes. He's wearing a combination of modern cloth and disposable nappies, as we need to buy more modern cloth nappies in size small (i'll most likely buy these used from Ebay). 

Milestones
Lots of smiles! He's also started making more sounds that aren't just crying.. like little gurgles :) He's definitely become a lot more awake and aware of his surroundings! He loves looking around and has started reacting more when we talk to him. 

xx

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing amazingly Hun! Hopefully his sleeping habits stay this good for you. He is very cute too xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww James is adorable! He is such a cute little man :) So impressed you're managing to get a lot of sleep with him too, with him only waking a few times in the night. What a good baby! :) Must be helping your recovery :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. James is perfection, such a little cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great for someone who just had a baby,and James is such a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy to see that things are going well for you all. he looks adorable! his little face!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...