Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review: Gro-Egg Digital Room Thermometer

To be honest, I'm not as vigilant as I should be when it comes to checking James' room temperature. So when I was offered to test out one of the Gro Company's products, I decided to try the Gro-Egg Digital Room Thermometer

If you haven't heard of a Gro-Egg, it's basically a room thermometer and nightlight in one. The light changes colour depending on whether the room is hot, cold or just right. 

IMG_1324
We all know that a safe sleeping environment for our little ones is a room temperature of between 16-20 degrees, however this is not always possible. Sometimes it may be colder than this and other times it will be warmer, and knowing what the temperature is at a quick glance allows you to figure out what to dress your bub in for the night. If you're a little unsure you can always check the clothing guide that comes with the Gro-Egg.

The first thing I noticed about the Gro-Egg was the size. For some reason, I had pictured it to be a lot bigger than it was.. not that size matters in this case. In fact, I like that it's small enough to fit in the palm of my hand, making it easy to pack when travelling. 

The light is a little more subtle than your stock standard night light, but it gives out a nice glow. We've been using it in James' nursery for the last week and he loves it. It's been great for us too, just being able to pop our heads in and quickly see the temperature of the room. 

Now I'm keen to get one of the super cute Gro-shells for it..

I'm leaning towards the Owl, which do you like best?

1

xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the penguin cover - the owl is cute but the penguin is my favourite! :)

    Our video monitor has a temperature gauge on it, but with the hot summer and now the cold winter, we've had to turn off the alarm feature and just let the room get hotter or colder. We try dress baby accordingly for how cold we think it will get overnight, but when we get it wrong he wakes up to let us know, haha! Something like this seems like a great idea! :)


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a brilliant little invention and totally adorable at the same time!! I would love one just to have one because it's so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...