Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MAC Cleanse Off Oil - Product Review

1
My Skin Type

Combination/Normal

Concerns

Blemishes, Blackheads, Redness & Wrinkles

Description

An industry-strength oil-based makeup remover that's gentle on the skin. Botanically formulated with oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed and absolutely 100 per cent mineral-oil free. Massages onto the skin to loosen all makeup, including waterproof mascara. Emulsifies into a lotion-type liquid with water: rinses off easily, no tissues required - and no residue! Protects with vitamin E. Skin softening and conditioning. Good for all skin types.

Price & Size

AU$37 for 150ml

Pros

♥ A little goes a long way

Cons

♥ It's expensive
♥ It stings my eyes
♥ It breaks me out
♥ It doesn't remove waterproof mascara
♥ It leaks so it's not great for travelling

Would I buy it again?

No and I regret buying it! Soo many people raved about this stuff that I thought it would be amazing but I was wrong. Maybe it's just me but this oil just does nothing for me, not only does it not remove my makeup very well, it stings my eyes, breaks me out and is really expensive for a makeup remover.

If I were you I’d buy one of these makeup removers instead..

♥ Clinque Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips (AU$35)
♥ Dove Deep Cleansing Cream (AU$10)

xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, I've seen people raving about this too and I always wanted it. But I definitely won't buy a product that makes people prone to breakouts.

    I've been thinking about buying the Neutrogena oil free makeup remover, have you tried it? I don't really like cream formulas on my skin and find they don't take my makeup off.

    Might have to check out the Clinique one though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried a sample of the shu uemura cleansing oil and I really hated it so that has put me off all oil cleansers. I like the clinique makeup remover for lids, lashes and lips and bioderma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sensitive skin myself so THANK YOU for the review! I definitely will not be purchasing!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't the product for you at all! :( I use Chanel make-up so I tend to use their make-up removers too. And I am so over packaging that doesn't fair well whilst traveling. That is so annoying!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...