Thursday, June 12, 2014

1 Month Postpartum Update!

IMG_0512

I can't believe it's already been a month since I gave birth! Time is just flying by!

Body
My weight has stayed the same this week. I've started to eat better so hopefully in the next few weeks it will start to go down (still 4.1kg to go) but I'm not in any rush. I'm still wearing the SNC recovery shorts and will continue to wear them until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. 

1

Height/Weight
We weighed him this morning and this little tubster is now 4.1kg (9.0lbs) which means he's put on 700g in 2 weeks. I'm not sure how tall he is, but he looks like he's grown to me. We'll have to get him measured soon. 

Routine
7am
Wakeup, Feed, Express, Change Nappy, Eye-time with James, Have Breakfast
9am
James Naps, Laundry, Have a Shower and Get Ready
10.30am
Feed, Housework, Blog/Relax
11.30am
Change Nappy, James Naps, Laundry, Have Lunch
2pm
Feed, Change Nappy, Play with James (including tummy time)
4.15pm
Go for a walk with James, Laundry
5pm
Feed James
5.45pm
Bathtime and Massage for James
6.15pm
Feed James, Change Nappy, Read or Play music to James
7pm
James Sleeps, Have Dinner, Blog/Relax, Housework
8.30pm
Express, Go to Bed
10.30pm
Rob Feeds James, Change Nappy, James Sleeps
When James wakes (approx 3am)
Feed James, Express, James Sleeps

5

Sleeping
He's started sleeping a little longer (until 3-4am).. it's not every night but it's occurring more often which is great. I've started feeding him in bed which seems to keep him settled, so he doesn't need soothing afterwards. After I feed him and put him to bed, I then pump. He loves sleeping on his side, but I only let him do this if I can watch him as I know it's not recommended.

Eating/Feeding
James has been feeding like a champ. I've had a few rough days (I think he was going through a growth spurt) where he was cluster feeding all day. It was exhausting! He's gone back to feeding normally now though and is stacking on the weight. 

2

Sizes
He's now in size 0000 (Newborn) and is quickly outgrowing them. It won't be long until he's grown out of the small cloth nappies too. 

Milestones
He slept for 5 hours straight this week (and probably would have slept longer if I hadn't woken him for a feed). I hope that means he'll sleep for 4 hours more regularly from now on (here's hoping!)

I just can't stop kissing this little guy!

IMG_0520

xx

4 comments:

  1. Ah, you make it sound so easy, haha! It's good he's sleeping longer during the night for you. When we got home from hospital, we had a big 6 hour sleep that night and we were all excited....never been repeated since unfortunately, haha! Hoping to get a routine soon.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i said this is a previous post, but i just love his poses! he's a natural in front of the camera! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...