Thursday, June 5, 2014

3 Week Postpartum Update!

1

Recovery
I feel pretty much back to normal. My belly's still numb though and feels a bit bruised when I touch it. It also feels jiggly which doesn't feel very nice, can't wait for it to go back to normal. Another thing I'm looking forward to is driving again! You can't drive for 6 weeks after a c-section (boo!)

Body 
I gained more weight this week (0.6kg / 1.3lbs).. I need to lose 4.1kg (9.0lbs) now to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I need to start losing weight not gaining it! haha. I've been eating really badly though. I'm going to start make some healthy changes to my diet this week. I may even do a blog post about it :) Once I've got my diet sorted and feel ready, I'll start incorporating some exercise too. 

.

Height/Weight
We weren't able to take him to get weighed this week but I will try and get an update next week! Right now going by his last height/weight he is 49cms tall and 3.4kg (7.5lbs). I'm pretty sure he's gained weight though as he's gone up a size and feels heavier too!

Routine
Pretty much the same as last week, just a few minor changes...

7am
Wakeup, Feed (>35 mins), Express (40ml), Change Nappy, Eye-time with James, Have Breakfast
9am
James Naps, Laundry, Have a Shower and Get Ready
10am
Feed (>25 mins), Change Nappy, Housework, Blog/Relax
11.30am
Feed (>15 mins), Change Nappy, James Naps, Laundry, Have Lunch
2pm
Feed (>35 mins), Change Nappy, Play with James (including tummy time)
3.45pm
Go for a walk with James, Laundry
5pm
Feed James (>25 mins)
5.45pm
Bathtime and Massage for James
6.15pm
Feed James (>20 mins), Change Nappy, Read or Play music to James
7pm
James Sleeps, Have Dinner, Blog/Relax, Housework
8.30pm
Express (50ml), Go to Bed
10.30pm
Rob Feeds James (up to 140ml), Change Nappy, James Sleeps
When James wakes (approx 3am)
Feed James (>35 mins), Express (60ml), Change Nappy, James Sleeps

.

Sleeping
He usually only wakes once a night to feed around 2-3am and then again around 6am. At night I get up and feed him in the nursery, so that I can pump too (as my boobs are pretty full/sore around then from skipping the 10.30pm feed). 

Eating/Feeding
James has been feeding for longer and in turn will nap for a little bit longer as well (but it still depends on the day). Most days he has big feeds but some days he likes to cluster feed (which means smaller and more frequent feeds - I hate these!). I'm still pumping enough for one big feed at 10.30pm and a little extra to freeze (for babysitters/emergencies etc). I usually need to pump before bed and when I get up at night as my boobs get sore from missing the 10.30pm feed. 

.

Sizes
He's currently in that annoying "in between" stage of being too big for size 00000 (Tiny Baby) and too small for size 0000 (Newborn). He still wears the same size nappies (we got a tonne more modern cloth nappies in size small and they fit him perfectly). 

Milestones
Lifting his head from one side to the other during tummy time. He's also staying awake for longer during the day. 

xx

7 comments:

  1. Aww he is so adorable! Good to hear he's sleeping so much too at only 3 weeks! I'm hoping our baby is a sleeper....getting excited to meet him or her!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!! Wow - only 9 lbs to get back to pre-pregnancy weight? You are doing AWESOME! Keep taking care of you and baby and the rest will fall into place.

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4.1 kg is not a lot! you can totally do it! just take your time and before you know it, it'll be gone! james is so cute! i love his little poses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear he gets cuter and cuter each time I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a little cutie!

    guesswhathollie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. James is quite the cutie! And if you're breastfeeding... don't worry about losing weight! My baby is 4 months and I thought it would be a great time to go on a diet/lost weight and lo and behold Oliver decided to start a growth spurt instead (meaning I needed to eat MORE to keep up with him, not less). *Sigh* I've started exercising/walking a lot though.

    And sorry if this is long and boring, but I was actually reading that our bodies need to store more fat while breast feeding as "reserves" for all the nutrients going away to the little ones... so just a thought but I feel your pain! I'm longing to fit into my normal pants again!

    And hang in there. I ended up having a C-section as well. Congrats and enjoy that little one! They sure do grow fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Jess above said ^^ pax sucked all the weight off me when he had his growth spurts & I was eating so much. I'm. Lighter than I was pre baby from doing nothing so I'm sure you'll get there. Oh and isn't cluster feeding fun? Haha we haven't done that I'm ages though so you just have to battle through xo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...