Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Hunger Games

Have you guys heard of the hunger games series? I just bought the first book purely out of curiosity because everyone is raving about it.

5983680719_278302810b


It's based in the future where a powerful government working in a central city called the Capitol holds power. In the book, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the Capitol chooses one boy and one girl from each district to fight to the death. The Hunger Games exist to demonstrate not even children are beyond the reach of the Capitol's jurisdiction.

It sounds a bit sick and twisted to me, but I'll give it a go.

Have you read it/heard about it? What are your thoughts?

xx

12 comments:

  1. I have heard of it but not sure where!! let me know if its good, i dont think id be into it though but you never know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally addicted!! can't wait for the movies, the books were fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about it, not my style of book. I like my books a little bit fluffy these days ha ha.

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read the first one and loved it!! Was a little apprehensive at first, but it's such a good book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that they are utterly amazing, I will have to try and read them, let me know what you think of them!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never herd about it before, but it sounds nice :)

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got all of them for my birhtday and I must admit I cant put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard about how wonderful this book is. It's two more away on my summer read list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited to find time and read the entire series!:D

    ***** Marie ******
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I love the Hunger Games! They definitely will grow on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister is reading these! I have yet to read it, but they are supposed to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...