What do you do when it's freezing and miserable outside.. you make scones of course! These lemonade scones are the fluffiest scones ever and they are so easy to make.
All you need is..
2 cups (300g) of self-raising flour
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) thickening cream
(+ a little more for whipped cream)
1/2 cup (125ml) lemonade
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs milk
Then just follow these steps -
1. Preheat the oven to 220C & line a tray with baking paper.
2. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough.
4. Knead with hands to a thickness of about 2cm.
5. Cut out 8 scones using a 6cm round cutter and place on the baking tray
(brush the tops with milk).
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes (until lightly browned).
..and voila! You should have soft delicious scones to enjoy with jam and whipped cream :)